Sometimes something happens that catches your attention. This is it.
I laughed when I first heard this. Why the fuss, I thought, calling a fancy burger, a lion burger is hardly crime. Then I read the article. The burgers are 80% lion meat. I didn’t know you could get it. I can’t figure out why you would want to get it.
So, my second thought was, well maybe, a lion killed his sister and this is revenge. Not a good reason to eat lion, but better than nothing. Nope, no family losses to lions. What does that leave? Is he allergic to cats?
This is just a bad idea. Get a regular burger, call it a lion kill burger, a lion victory over some beefy animal. We have lots of beefy animals and very few lions.
I suppose we should ask at some point – is it ethical to eat lion meat or to sell it? If you believe that meat eating is okay, eating lion is probably okay save from an aesthetic point of view. Currently the lion is not an endangered species although I have confidence that human greed and incompetence will eventually get it there.
- Lion Cub Rescued By Mother (PHOTOS) (Awesome, awesome, awesome!) (fourbluehills.com)
- Can a wolf kill a lion (wiki.answers.com)
- Who would win a fight a moose or a lion (wiki.answers.com)
- Who will win in a fight between an ox and a lion (wiki.answers.com)
- Who would win polar bear or a lion (wiki.answers.com)